Colour Mill - Hot Pink - New Formulation!
Regular price £5.99
What's the secret?
Unlike conventional gel colours, our unique blend loves the fats & oils in your baking.
We dye and disperse our colouring using these oils, allowing you to achieve a rich & vibrant result.
Best in Buttercream, Swiss Meringue, Chocolate, Cake Batter, Ganache, Fondant & many more.
- Colour Mill colours are described as 'next generation food colour'
- PLEASE NOTE this is the new UK formula that does not contain E127, so 100% approved for UK and Europe
- it's slightly less bright than the original Australian formula, which we also have available for display & exhibition cakes and for non-edible sugarcraft pieces
- flown all the way from Australia, exclusively by Cake Stuff
- super concentrated oil based icing colourings specifically designed for use with buttercream and other products that have a higher fat content
- conventional paste or gel colours are ideal for colouring sugarpaste icing but they do not really like fats or oils, so you often struggle to get proper colour consistency when using buttercream etc (see below*)
- perfectly suited for buttercream, ganache, Swiss meringue, chocolate, fondant, cream and cake mixes / batters
- Colour Mill's unique blend actually loves the fats and oils in your baking and uses these oils to disperse the special formula colouring
- create vibrant, consistent shades that will not fade - in fact the colours develop over time so use sparingly to begin with
- RRP is $7.99 (Australian dollars) so by the time you add on shipping costs and import duty, around £5.99 Sterling
- yes, they're relatively expensive but they are really specialised colourings and the results are pretty amazing
- *here's a good explanation from Colour Mill's blog . . . since 'The Age of Buttercream' we're finding that colourings are becoming less effective in our baking. Let's take Swiss Meringue Buttercream for example... 40% of your SMBC recipe is butter (oil) and you're adding gel colouring (water) to dye it? We all know that water and oil can't mix, so your traditional gel colour will only be able to dye the sugar in your buttercream but not the butter itself. That means you're adding gel/paste that can only dye 60% of the product, which is why the results are often not great
- this is why Colour Mill is so good . . . the formula is completely oil based, which allows the colouring to disperse properly through the sugar, eggs and butter to dye every part of the buttercream to allow deep, dark and vibrant colours
- 29 amazing shades to choose from - mix together for infinite range of shades
- Colour Mill colours go through a specialised milling process that grinds the powder into an ultra smooth liquid, leaving you with a grain free paste with no aftertaste
- shake well before use and add a tiny drop at a time to build up shade - eg using end of a cocktail stick
- very economical to use due to its high strength concentration
- mix in a mixing tray and apply with a sugarcraft dusting brush or food-approved paint brush
- approx 20ml nett - approx 22-25g nett
- 100% edible and 100% approved for use in the EU
- small plastic bottle - approx 6.5cm / 65mm / 2¾" long, including lid
- squeeze top dispenser lid - allows accurate dispensing
- inner foil safety seal
- BBE at least 12 months and normally much (years!) longer
- ingredients: glycerol E422, colours: E120 & E171, emulsifier & stabiliser: lecithin E322
- not suitable for vegetarians or vegans (contains E120 Cochineal)
- suitable for Kosher
- free from all listed allergens but please note stored and handled in an environment where nuts and nut oils are present so we cannot guarantee 100% free of nut traces
- Colour Mill can also be used for sugarpaste, royal icing, marzipan, flower / modelling / gum pastes, cake mixes, pastry, frostings & fillings, isomalt, piping gel, cake lace mixes, desserts, white chocolate, cocktails etc but there are many top brands of paste / gel colourings that we would always recommend as offering better value for everyday colouring, including Sugarflair, Fractal Colors, Rainbow Dust, Colour Splash, Wilton, PME, Squires Kitchen etc
- store in a cool, dark place out of direct sunlight to preserve colour vibrancy
- shade accuracy - please remember colours shown are representative only and will look different on different PC monitors and tablet / phone screens
- although not necessarily present in this particular product, the colours used across the entire icing colouring range may include the colours E102, E104, E110, E122 & E129 - which may have an adverse effect on activity and attention in some children
Shake well before use
Take it easy, colours will develop over time
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Blended & bottled in Australia from local & imported ingredients.
- Allergen Free